[Project_owners] New Notes System

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 11:40:12 EDT 2005

David Boswell wrote:
>> It's just lied in the queue. The admins already have the needed code.
>
> It's in the queue but a few other higher priority issues have recently
> bumped getting this taken care of.  I realize that the admins could be
> doing a better job of keeping people up to date on relevant news, but I
> think it's just a matter of figuring out the best way to do that.  A
> newsfeed, blog, emails to the list or something else?  Ideas are always
> welcome.
>
> David

Yes, a (news) feed is, like I said before in another post, a must have
because that will prevent people from missing important news.

Another plus is that you don't need to be subscribed to either the
mailing list or newsgroup, and you don't have to wade trough all
commends just to keep up to date, and that alone is a very big plus IMHO.

There are plenty free PHP scripts that can be used to transform a HTML
page into a feed, so that should, again IMHO, also be used for new
releases (I don't know how you guys call the info send to mozillaZine,
and I no longer visit mozillaZine so that feed would be a nice addition).

p.s. I'm glad that I used MultiZilla's Feed Reader/Viewer over the last
year, because it instantly displays validation errors, so I know when
people made (silly) errors that break XML validation, even without using
any other on-line/off-line feed validation ;)

Michael