[Project_owners] What screen dump proggy do you use?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 15:21:26 EDT 2005

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> On 10/12/05, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I asked what program you used, and Print Screen is not a program ;)
>
> Trying to catch me on a technicality, huh?
> Your actual question was "what do you guys use to make screen dumps on
> Windows (XP)?" :D

Well, I guess you missed the Subject line :-)

> I'm curious, what reasons do you have for using a program like that?

Like Eric said in his reply: "A screen shot is worth a 1000 words"
especially for people that don't use English as their native language.

Yes, I do consider myself to be very lucky, because I do
speak/read/write: French, German, Dutch and a fair bit of Spanish, Latin
and Greek for a second year college student.

> Is it simply saving the screenshot to a file automatically?

You can catch the active window (with or without the title area) or just
a specific area that needs the readers attention.

> I've never saved more than 3-4 screenshots within a period of a week,
> so obviously I've never needed one of those..

Lucky you, and now I wonder if you have a project at mozdev.org because
people might want to look at it *before* they install in.

Michael