[Project_owners] nsIIOService

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 16:03:47 EDT 2005

Luca Minuti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A user of my extension says that every time he click on an icon he
> receive this error message:
>
> [Exception..."Component returened failure code: 0x804b000a
> [nsIIOService.newURL]" nsresult: "ox804b000a (<unknown>)" localtion: "JS
> frame :: chrome://mozimage/content/mozimage.js :: showFile :: line 30"
> date: no]
>
> the code at line 30 is:
>
>     var referrer = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"]
>                              .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIIOService)
>                              .newURI(fullpath.value, null, null);
>
> I don't know exactly the contents of fullpath.value but should be a
> directory path. I never see this error during my test but I suspect
> that is due to the fact that this guy use firefox 1.0.5 under linux
> and I never test the extension under a linux box.

Aha, I have the exact same problem with recent SeaMonkey builds, but
older versions don't complain, so something must have been changed recently.

No, I don't have a regression window, and I'm not planning to make one
either as I don't have time for that right now, but maybe  Luca can?

Thanks,
Michael