[Project_owners] nsIIOService

Luca Minuti lithian at tiscalinet.it
Wed Oct 12 12:28:20 EDT 2005

Hi all,

A user of my extension says that every time he click on an icon he
receive this error message:

[Exception..."Component returened failure code: 0x804b000a
[nsIIOService.newURL]" nsresult: "ox804b000a (<unknown>)" localtion: "JS
frame :: chrome://mozimage/content/mozimage.js :: showFile :: line 30"
date: no]

the code at line 30 is:

    var referrer = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"]
                             .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIIOService)
                             .newURI(fullpath.value, null, null);

I don't know exactly the contents of fullpath.value but should be a
directory path. I never see this error during my test but I suspect
that is due to the fact that this guy use firefox 1.0.5 under linux
and I never test the extension under a linux box.

Regards,
Luca.