[Project_owners] template confusion

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 11:16:51 EDT 2005

Paul Tomlin wrote:

> However, for the generated content in the menupopup I get the @uri
> value when inspecting event.target.id from within the event listener.
>
> function onCommand(ev) { dump(ev.target.id); }
>
> I'm not sure if it's possible but I think I'd like to be able to
> assign @id values to the menuitem such that I can be sure I know what
> they are when I see the event. At the moment I have to presume that if
> ev.target.id =~ |^mailbox://| then the event has come from the menupopup.

I'm not the Neil you were thinking of, but I believe this is by design
of templates. Worse, if you have several menupopups using the same data
source then with your design you don't know which is which. Also,
^mailbox:// doesn't work for IMAP servers.

IIRC the rdf:mailnewsfolders data source is only necessary if you want
the menulist to notice account name changes; removing it also means that
you won't need an IsServer rule.