[Project_owners] Dialog/Window resizing

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Sat Oct 8 11:38:19 EDT 2005

Philip Chee wrote:
> By the way if you use class="quickfileDialog" instead of id then your
> binding can be reusable.

Final query I promise.

Is there any particular reason why/if the binding XML should be part of
the skin?

All the moz bindings point to somthing like
chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml#dialog

But XulPlanet's example (Binding example)
http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/introxbl.html

has the binding in the skin
-moz-binding: url('chrome://example/skin/example.xml#okcancel');

I'm not sure if the binding should be considered part of the skin or if
a theme could/would style it differently in either layout.

My layout is now something like this
/my-extension/content/my-dialog.xul
/my-extension/content/bindings/resizable-dialog.xml
/my-extension/skin/classic/resizable-dialog.css

but since the resizable-dialog.css refers to
chrome://my-extension/content/bindings/resizable-dialog.xml

I'm not sure of the value of trying to seperate this or what I might
break either way.