[Project_owners] Persistant attribute in a <toolbar>

Michael Nachbaur mike at nachbaur.com
Fri Oct 7 10:53:37 EDT 2005

Ah, well in that case the problem is simpler.  My suggestion is to
simply set a property in the user prefs for your extension that
indicates the visibility state of the toolbar.  When you add the
toolbar you can check that preference, and set the hidden attribute
accordingly.  If you put the toolbar in the browser using a XUL
overlay, then my recommendation would be to have the toolbar be
hidden by default, and check the preference at window load time,
possibly un-hiding it at that time.