[Project_owners] Documentation within an entension

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Fri Oct 7 12:01:44 EDT 2005

How do people normally package up docs within an extension?

I'm playing with the idea of a custom 'About' dialog, which contains
various FAQs and the like. This would probably have to take the form of
an <iframe /> pointing to a packaged XHTML file (so hard to make pretty
textual content in XUL).

All of the extensions I currently have installed have system built about
dialogs, so I'm not sure if people would think to go there. I could
probably add a Help button to the Options dialog, which would make life
a little easier.

And tooltips will help, but sometimes it's not really to correct context
in which to put an FAQ (for example).

Just wondering....