[Project_owners] HTTP Auth's opening URL

Adam Judson adamsplugins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:14:21 EDT 2005

On 06/10/05, Michael Vincent <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Adam Judson wrote:
> > Running tamperdata I see the 401 response coming back when I access
> > http://passwordmaker.org:2082
> >
> > Maybe watch for this rather than trying to work backwards from the dialog?
>
> Well, that won't work for a 407 (proxy).

I'm not sure checking for 401 AND 407 etc. really increases the size
of this solution....

- keep track of the url of the last request with a suspicious response
- watch for the Auth dialog, and use the URL from the previos step

Can you watch for the auth header instead?  Or do you need to know
before the box is
populated?  just what are you trying to do?