[Project_owners] error codes

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 09:41:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm writing some upload code with nsIUploadChannel; e.g.,

  var channel = ioService.newChannelFromURI(url).
    QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIUploadChannel);

Does anyone know how to get a text message for the numeric error codes
in channel.status? This post:

  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1902769

says the codes are defined in nsError.h, but doesn't discuss a way to
convert them to text. For example, in Win32/COM programming, we can use
::FormatMessage() to get a text description of an error.

Thanks for any help,
Eric Jung