[Project_owners] maxVersion for mozilla suite

Michael J Gruber fastmail at michaeljgruber.fm
Wed Nov 9 17:21:25 EST 2005

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it on devmo or anywhere else:
What is the current allowed value for maxVersion for the Mozilla suite?

addons used to accept a maxVersion of 1.8 (many extension have that, so
have mine), but when I try to re-upload a new version of my extension
(with only the Thunderbird maxVersion changed) addons refuses to accept
this, saying 1.8 is an invalid maxVersion for the suite. I know I could
bump the version through the interface, but I don't consider this
concept a good idea (effectively distributing different xpi's under the
same version number).

Michael
--
switch the part to the left and right of the at sign to get my address:
y at x.z instead of x at y.z