[Project_owners] Re: core dump - locks need cleaning up...

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 9 07:46:17 EST 2005

Jamie Bliss wrote:
> Isn't there a way to lock a file in CVS manually? (ie, check out w/lock,
> change files, commit & release)

I guess what you think of are the CVS exclusive edit locks. Those you
can break. The problem I have and others, too, are the internal CVS
server locks that lock a directory as long as it is written to prevent
acctidental simultaneous access by different people. This lock you
cannot remove except by removing the lock file because CVS is careful
and does not want to do any damage and make sure that someone actually
checks the lock and sees if the process is still active or not.

Check the CVS documentation for more information...

Gerald