[Project_owners] [Offtopic] addons.mozilla.org

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Mon Nov 7 12:38:48 EST 2005

Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
> For Firefox, for some reason, they do not allow me to upload if I set
> maxVersion to 1.5. I need to set it at 1.6 for them to allow me to upload.
> In the case of Mozilla, no maxVersion I chose seems to work. What
> maxVersion should I be using for Mozilla 1.8b1?

amo does not allow you to upload extensions for application versions
that have not yet been released. This is to prevent people from
submitting extensions for future releases. While the basic idea is
right, the logic how it is handled with minVersion and maxVersion is
flawed as you have noticed because amo allows extensions for FF 1.6a1
aka 1.6. As FF 1.5rc1 is out and reports as 1.5 it should work, but
unfortunately is does not, yet.

What you can do is submit the package with 1.4.1 as maxVersion which is
FF 1.5b2 I think. You can change the maxVersion of a package later on
the website. They offer 1.5 there, now, but I am not sure what you have
to specify in the install.rdf to get it. The HTML source code of the web
page shows a tag of "1.5*". Maybe that does work. If not, you probably
have to go with 1.4.1. (probably the reviewer will complain then that
you are not using the most current firefox version... ;-).

I don't know about the Mozilla versioning, though.