[Project_owners] path from FF 1.0+ to 1.5

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Mon Nov 7 10:51:12 EST 2005

Philip Chee wrote:
> FF 1.5 will create a chrome.manifest fil from your install.rdf file if you
> don't supply one. Here's a trick to create your first chrome.manifest file:
> install your extension into RC1. Fish out the created chrome.manifest file
> from the installed extension directory. Stick this into your .XPI file. This
> skips a lot of scratching your head wondering where you got the syntax wrong.

That's good to know although I was wondering why Firefox added all those
style overrides into chrome.manifest. I guess it is because my overlay
use a style sheet which, however, does not override any of the Firefox
styles but just contains the styles I use for my XUL. So I did not put
in these lines and it still seems to work.

What I did not know and did not find in the documentation either, was
the versioning for the skin definition. ("classic/1.0" or so)...

Gerald