[Project_owners] Creating an HMAC code

Alex Eng aeng at intergate.ca
Sat Nov 5 22:32:52 EST 2005

For a Firefox extension I'm developing, I need to generate a
base64-encoded signature to authenticate a request that is being sent to
a web service, using the Mozilla SOAP API.

The signature is supposed to be an HMAC code.  I've been looking for an
XPCOM component or some other library that can generate an HMAC using
SHA-1 and a secret key, but searches in Google and XULPlanet's XPCOM
Reference were futile.  Is there any Mozilla code out there that can do
this?  Thanks.