[Project_owners] Re: nsIIDNService.idl

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk some at universum.org
Thu May 19 08:53:37 EDT 2005

Neil wrote:

> Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with the followeing two lines:
>>
>> var idnService =
>> Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/idn-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIIDNService);
>>
>> var convertedURL = idnService.convertUTF8toACE(line[1]);
>>
>> and the problem is that it (sometimes) throw this error on the JS
>> console:
>>
>> Error: [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception...
>> "Component returned failure code:
>> 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIIDNService.convertUTF8toACE]"
>> nsresult:
>> "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
>> chrome://multiviews/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml :: setTabTooltip
>> :: line 2358"
>> data: no]"]
>

> I had a peek at the source and the most likely failure is that the name
> is more than 63 characters long.

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/xpfe/global/resources/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml#550
failed after calling
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/xpfe/communicator/resources/content/contentAreaUtils.js#118

with "http://www.mozilla.org/images/front-thunderbird-screenshot.png"
so I opened my JS console and noticed the error again!

My conclusion was that I made another error in my code, that made it
fail, but for your info, 82 seems to be working just fine, but 83 fails.

p.s. tabbrowser.xml#550 is still failing for the forementioned URL,
because it can't blur() on images?

Michael.