[Project_owners] strange values from nsIContentPolicy.idl

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk some at universum.org
Tue May 3 12:07:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think I found a bug in:
shouldLoad: function (aContentType, aContentLocation, aRequestOrigin,
aContext, aMimeTypeGuess)
in nsIContentPolicy.idl see also:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/content/base/public/nsIContentPolicy.idl#180

aContext for the following two background images on mozillazine.org is
wrong

aContentType: 3
aContentLocation: http://mozillazine.org/image/default/sky.png
aRequestOrigin: http://mozillazine.org/
aContext: [object HTMLDocument]
aMimeTypeGuess:

aContentType: 3
aContentLocation: http://mozillazine.org/image/default/blimp.png
aRequestOrigin: http://mozillazine.org/
aContext: [object HTMLDocument]
aMimeTypeGuess:

Why is 'aContext' set to [object HTMLDocument] instead of [object
HTMLImageElement] ?

and because of this error, I can't use aContext.ownerDocument (because
it is set to null) and I also can't use aContext.defaultView (because it
is undefined) so how do I get the requesting window?

Thanks for your help ;)