[Project_owners] Mailman and spam

Christopher Ottley xknight at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 29 11:04:57 EST 2005

David Boswell wrote:

>'Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
>action is defined.' set to Discard (default is Hold)
Did that.

>'Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded,
>be forwarded to the list moderator?' set to No (default is Yes)
Did that too.

I have a question about SpamAssassin and Mailman. SpamAssassin holds the
mail with a certain spam score and I get the notice even if the person
isn't a member of the list. Is this how it's supposed to work? Can I
configure something so SpamAssassin only holds the mail that might be
spam if the person is a member of the list?