[Project_owners] Signing XPIs

Christopher Ottley xknight at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 25 18:14:43 EST 2005

Hello again all,

I was wondering how many people out there are using signed XPIs. I
recently managed to get a free code signing cert (being as an OSS
developer has some advantages) for another open source java project I'm
working on and I was thinking of signing the XPI I distribute for MAF. I
saw pete's writeup "Signing an XPI" at
http://www.mozdevgroup.com/docs/pete/Signing-an-XPI.html. However,
seeing as I already have jarsigner from the JDK I'm using, I was using
that instead of signtool. It doesn't seem to work though, when I try to
install the signed XPI it still says "Unsigned". Has anyone out there
had success using jarsigner to sign XPIs or must I use signtool no
matter what?

Regards,
Christopher.