[Project_owners] Mailman and spam

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 05:21:15 EST 2005

To deal with spam on the lists I moderate I've set the following:

'Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined.' set to Discard (default is Hold)

'Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded,
be forwarded to the list moderator?' set to No (default is Yes)

Both of these options are at the bottom of the Privacy Options ->
Sender Filters.

Note that this isn't recommended for all lists, since some lists want
non-members to be able to post.  Unfortunately spam is a real pain so
this may be something people are interested in setting on their lists.
This also want catch all spam but does greatly reduce the amount.

David