[Project_owners] Re: document.implementation.createDocument() problem

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Sat Mar 19 13:41:19 EST 2005

On 18/03/2005 21:48, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

>>var placeholder = flashblockNewDoc.createElement("div");

> I don't think createElement is giving the element a name space. Try
> using createElementNS instead.

Thanks Neil,

But I found that the problem was something else upstream.
(this is from unpriviledged javascript - no chrome rights)

try {
var flashblockNewDoc = document.implementation.createDocument(
       "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml","html",null);
var placeholder = flashblockNewDoc.createElement("div");
placeholder.style = new Object();
} catch (e) { alert( e ) };

"Permission denied to call method XMLDocument.createElement"

So how do I make document.implementation.createDocument return a html
document instead?  The docs are really unclear about this.

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip at aleytys.pc.my>
[ ]It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.