[Project_owners] Extension Debuggin

Didier Ernotte dernotte at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 13:05:19 EST 2005

Hi,

I don't think you have to unzip your jar file in the extension
directory. Just push the jar file under
extensions\{5872365e-67d1-4afd-9480-fd293bebd20d}\chrome and it should
be ok.
In my extension, I have a make.sh file that creates the jar file,  the
xpi file (which is also a jar file), and pushes the jar file into the
firefox, thunderbird and mozilla chrome directory without manual action
(no drag and drop). When I have to add a new locale, I installed it
using the xpi installer.

Didier

--- Eric Jung <grimholtz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Niko,
> I've also been debugging the hard way (re-installing the XPI for each
> and every build) on Windows. I just tried your first suggestion:
> create and install the XPI, then unzip and delete the jar. Now when I
> start Firefox, Firefox hangs with this message in the console:
>
> *** Failed to load overlay
> chrome://passwdmaker/content/passwdmakerOverlay.xul
>
> The directory I have after unzipping is:
>
> c:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ifk9k760.dev9\extensions\{5872365e-67d1-4afd-9480-fd293bebd20d}\chrome\content\passwdmaker

> and
>
> c:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ifk9k760.dev9\extensions\{5872365e-67d1-4afd-9480-fd293bebd20d}\chrome\skin\classic\passwdmaker

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Compone