[Project_owners] Extension Debuggin

Roman Mironenko roman_mir at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:55:38 EST 2005

Hello everyone.  I am working on my first extension (I am testing it in
FireFox but eventually I would like to make sure it also runs in the Mozilla
browser too.)

My question is this: how do you guys test your extensions?  I got myself the
JavaScript Debugger (Venkman) and that is good.  But what about XULs?
Currently I test my extension by installing it and then making some changes,
rebuilding, reinstalling it.  This is a serious impediment to my
productivity here.  Even Javascript became impossible to test by itself,
once I started adding lines like this:

var russkeyPrefs =
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefService).getBranch("russkey.");

Any suggestions to ease my suffering?