[Project_owners] Status Reports (March 2005)

John Dobbins john at brandxcomputers.com
Mon Mar 14 14:19:00 EST 2005

Karsten Düsterloh wrote:

>John Dobbins aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>

>>I have restarted Aphrodite and will working on UI improvements for
>>Seamonkey there.
>>

>You definetely should get in touch with the discussion happening
>in/around #seamonkey...
>The current goal is to build a first stable "community release" with as
>few changes as possible. Everything else has to wait until after that
>has happened, even though planning for the future should of course
>already starting...
>

>Karsten

If what I'm seeing on NPM Seamonkey is any indication most of the
discussion consists of complaints that the name Mozilla can't be used
along with unworkable sugestions about a new name.

The concept of as few changes as possible is overlooking the fact that
there are MoFo trademarked graphics in the Seamonkey codebase, and no
legal release is possible if that problem isn't addressed. When I
attempted to do so I got a poilte no thanks, so I'll just take care of
what needs to be done in Aphrodite.

John Dobbins