[Project_owners] Death of Seamonkey

GuruJ GuruJ at mbox.com.au
Fri Mar 11 22:56:01 EST 2005

(Disclaimer up front:  I'm a big fan of the Mozilla Suite.)

Okay, I'm confused.

I understand that Firefox and Thunderbird have changed XUL toolkits, and
that this is one of the reasons why UI work on the suite has stagnated.

I *thought* this change was made to allow the use of native GUI widgets
within Firefox.  This was one the reasons why I stuck with SeaMonkey
since I loved the central idea of the XPFE -- that you could produce
Moz-apps which would appear close to identical on all platforms.

Am I wrong?  What can XPFE do that the FF/TB toolkits can't and vice
versa?  Can anyone simply explain the differences to me, or at least
point me to a good web page on the matter?

-- GuruJ.