[Project_owners] Death of Seamonkey

Jed jedbro at gmx.net
Wed Mar 9 10:31:28 EST 2005

Hi Dave,
Thanks for you comments, in reality I agree with you on every level.

@SeaMonkey is superior
I agree, but so is Opera, yet the problem they both have is an awful and
un-customizable UI. Once you get used to it, they are both powerful and
superior to firefox, the problem is the 'first impression' by users and
the entry level (and patience) for you to get around and used to them.

@Porting features
I agree, ui customization, RSS, and extension management are must haves.
I would go as far as saying the prefs need overhauling, but then that
would put us back at Firefox :D.

Again, I'm not dissing SeaMonkey, it's great, just not idea for new
users and is ugly to boot.

Cheers
-Jed