[Project_owners] Death of Seamonkey

John Dobbins john at brandxcomputers.com
Wed Mar 9 11:38:04 EST 2005

Robert Kaiser wrote:

> John Dobbins schrieb:
>
>> IMHO Seamonkey's greatest weakness is it ships with a butt ugly UI
>> that turns off potential users, and this is FF and TB's greatest
>> advantage over it in gaining users who aren't familar with Mozilla
>> based browsers.
>

> It'd like to re-phrase that in that it's not the whole UI, it's the
> default there that is ugly. And that's one thing I'd really like to
> attack when we get the project for a future SeaMonkey going.
>
> I think the most important thing would be to clean up the theme and
> use more modern icons like those that Firefox and Thunderbird use in
> their default themes.
>
> Robert Kaiser

It's the Netscape 4.x Icons more than anything else. Right now I'm
working on a theme that combines the strengths of the Modern and Classic
themes. The Modern Icon set combined with the Classic theme's native
widget and color support. The basic shape of the Modern Icon set gives
an up to date look, but the colors are too muted and there is too much
blue in it even with the blue backgrounds stripped out. They will need
brighter colors to truely look modern.

John Dobbins