[Project_owners] Two Mozilla questions (how to get the size of a document and about onload eventlisteners)

Håvar Henriksen havar at henriksen.nu
Wed Mar 9 01:02:45 EST 2005

Neil skrev:

> Håvar Henriksen wrote:
>
>> doron on #mozilla said that I should use a webProgressListener
>> instead of a eventListener, but I'm not sure how to do that.
>
> Basically copy nsBrowserStatusHandler.js ;-)
>
> The notifications you're interested in are probably either
> onLocationChange (which fires when the value in the URL bar needs to
> change) or onStateChange (which fires when the throbber or progress
> meter need to change).

Hmm... that was to complicated, but I found out how to do it an eaiser
way, by doing it the way the Live Bookmark RSS button shows up.
Just added this check inside the headerinfoWatcher.updateStatus(event)
function:
 if (event.originalTarget == _content.document)

I also added a setTimeout to the onload event. (I saw that it was done
this way in the browser.js file so I thought I should do it the same way)
gBrowser.addEventListener("load", function(evt) {
setTimeout(headerinfoWatcher.updateStatus, 0, evt); }, true);

Now I only need to find a way to get the size of the current loaded
document. (As I said earlier, not as it's done in the pageinfo dialogbox
because that shows the compressed size if the document has been content
encoded).

If I find a way of maybe doing a String.length on e.g. the data that the
view-source: window shows (because it could show the source of the
cached document without needing to get that data again, AFAIK)

--
Håvar I. Henriksen
Community Manager Mozilla Norge || "To err is human, to forgive is