[Project_owners] Death of Seamonkey

John Dobbins john at brandxcomputers.com
Tue Mar 8 08:28:58 EST 2005

Karsten Düsterloh wrote:

>John Dobbins aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>>Nightly, Alpha, and Beta releases that contain the full suite so that
>>everything gets tested and two final release builds for each version.
>>One would be aimed at developers and contain the full suite, and the
>>other would be aimed at end users and contain just the primary three
>You don't need to convince /me/, you need to convince MoFo! ;-)
When MoFo was still the Netscape division of AOL they convinced me that
their goal was to chase off as many outside "pests" that wanted to check
code into their software as possible. Since they became MoFo they
haven't done anything to change my mind.

MoFo is insular and elitist. They will do exactly what they want to do
with little regard for what any outsiders think about it. They are
convinced that putting all their effort into the stand alones is the
right thing to do, and you would have an easier time convincing a
fanatical extreamist politican to change his mind than you will with the
MoFo.  If you want a continuation of Seamonkey it will have to be done
as a fork outside the control of MoFo.

John Dobbins