[Project_owners] Firefox sidebar

Luca Minuti lithian at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jun 28 15:49:09 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have a problem working with side bar. I open my sidebar with a code
like this:

function openSidebar()
{
  toggleSidebar('viewXXXSidebar', true);
  ... // Other initialization code
}

The 'viewXXXSidebar' object is defined as follow:

<broadcaster id="viewXXXSidebar"
             autoCheck="false"
             label="XXX"
             type="checkbox" group="sidebar"
             sidebarurl="chrome://XXX/content/XXX.xul"
             sidebartitle="XXX SideBar"
             oncommand="toggleSidebar('viewXXXSidebar');"/>

In this way I can open my side bar with a menuitem joined to the
broadcaster and with another that run the openSidebar function.

The problem is that, in the openSidebar function, if the sidebar is
already open, I need to send a value to the sidebar. I try with
document.getElementById('my-sidebar-name') but I receive a null. Any
suggestion?

Luca.