[Project_owners] web server MIME-types for XPI?

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Mon Jun 27 05:05:56 EDT 2005

The server should set up the mime type to "application/x-xpinstall". If
it's an apache server, maybe the mine.type file does not contain a line
for xpi file. I have the same problem with my remote server. I have
tried to put "  type='application/x-xpinstall' " in the href of the
link , be it seems that the default mime type of the server has a
higher priority than my html setting. You can also use a firefox-only
javascript method to load it (I don't remember its name, something like
InstallPackage...), but it's not cross-plateform.

Didier