[Project_owners] Question - when are boxObject values valid?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at SPAMFREEyahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 21:37:13 EDT 2005

Ed Anuff wrote:

> I am using XBL extensively, but I haven't modified the original Mozilla
> bindings, if that's what you mean.  The overall page is a XUL window
> with a number of XBL-based elements in it.  The window has two stack
> elements and an iframe.  There appear to be only two elements which are
> getting the strange boxObject coordinates and those are, suspiciously,
> the first child elements of each stack element.  I'm trying to create a
> simple testcase that shows the problem but I 'm trying to get a better
> picture of what is actually happening in order to create the cleanest
> testcase.

Let me ask another (important) question; are you using Mozilla 1.7.x or
Mozilla 1.8?

> Also, are you saying it's actually possible for the load event to fire
> before the constructor?  I don't think that's what's happening in this
> case because I'm adding the load event listening in the XBL constructor.

Isn't that basically what Neil Parkway already said in a previous reply
to your question? BTW, I wouldn't trust anything, without having it
tested first ;)

Michael.