[Project_owners] install.js

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Tue Jun 21 13:26:46 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:00:13 -0600, Pete Collins wrote:
> Eric Jung wrote:

>>I'm trying to get my install.js to copy the file
>>defaults/passwordmaker.xml, which is inside the XPI, to the profile
>>directory (thanks to Phillip Chee for the help so far). Nothing
>>happens... is there anyway I can get a log of the install procedure
>>to see if there was an error? Here's the code I'm using...

> If your xml file was at the top level of your xpi it would be:
>

>     var rv = addFile("my xml file", "passwordmaker.xml",
>                  getFolder("Current User"), "");
>
>     logComment("add xml file"+rv);
>
> --pete

I forgot to say that you have to make sure that the source file parameter is
pointing to the correct location in your .jar file. The error messages make
it look like the error was in the destination directory path which led me to
spend several fruitless hours trying to figure out why my file wasn't
installing.

Phil