[Project_owners] promptService.confirm(aWindow, ... issues

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at SPAMFREEyahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 21:41:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have some problems with:

result = promptService.confirm(aWindow, ...
The problem is that I cannot use any browser window object for aWindow
without getting the following error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowInternal.focus]"  nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"
location: "JS frame :: ...  data: no]

However, the prompt is displayed as a dependent window of aWindow and
all bottons and button text are being displayed like they should. Also
note that the error shows up on the JS console *after* I select one of
the buttons.

I also tried:
result = promptService.confirmEX(aWindow, ... but he same error pops up.

How can I prevent/work around this error?

p.s. aWindow can be any chrome window, not the window that initiated the
prompt!

Michael.