[Project_owners] SeaMonkey XPFE -> toolkit transition

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at SPAMFREEyahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 16:22:40 EDT 2005

Karsten Düsterloh wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It is a stated (future) goal
> <http://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=SeaMonkey:Project_Goals#Future_Releases>
> of the SeaMonkey project to make the suite XULRunner compatible, which
> of course includes the need of using the new aviary /toolkit instead of
> the /xpfe stuff while retaining (all) the functionality/featureset.

<snip/>

The first thing to do is to get that new name for the former Mozilla
Suite registered, so that people can start working on this new project
in public.

Also, what do you mean when you write 'XPFE -> Toolkit" because most
people dont't even know what that is. For me toolkit is just toolkit.jar
simply because I don't care what Mozilla C code is involved to get this
going.

Michael.