[Project_owners] SeaMonkey XPFE -> toolkit transition

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Tue Jun 14 15:51:37 EDT 2005

Axel Hecht aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> I would like to note that the goal is to make seamonkey a toolkit app.
> That involves much more than outlined here, and rules out some of the
> approaches (like #ifdefs).

Yeah, undoubtly. My post here is focused on the more visible effects,
like widget feature loss, though.

My thoughts are based on a "do not change toolkit" approach, because
toolkit owners are/seem to be extremely hesitant to make even minimal
changes at all (see the killed 'redo' context menu item on textboxes).

> We may want to look at catalogs and default stylesheets again, and get
> rid of the "you gotta include xul.css" alltogether, which would enable
> us to just load xpfe.css instead and include toolkits xul.css from there.

This would be helpful, agreed.
For toolkit apps that want to use a different widget set, it would still
be nice to have a global (empty?) default include CSS file that could be
overlayed to get rid of the need of including eg. xpfe.css in each and
every file...

Karsten
--
Feel free to correct my English. :)