[Project_owners] Some XBL help requested

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at SPAMFREEyahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 16:07:42 EDT 2005

When I use this in foobar.xul

<vbox class="foobarpanel"...
<hbox class="foobarpanel"...
<groupbox class="foobarpanel"...
<caption class="foobarpanel"...

and this in foobar.css

.foobarpanel {
     -moz-appearance: tabpanels (!important);
}

there is be no top border displayed. However, I want/need a top border
for people that, for example, use 'Windows Classic Style' so what I had
in mind a new binding for XUL elements that use class="foobarpanel". I
think that I should a binding to foobar.css like so:

tabpanels.foobarpanel {
	-moz-binding:
url("chrome://multiviews/content/bindings/multiviews.xml#tabpanels");
}

and in multiviews.xml I should have something like:

<bindings>
   <binding id="tabpanels"
extends="chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml#tabpanels">
     <content>
       <xul:hbox flex="100" style="border-bottom: 2px solid red;"/>
       <xul:label value="test"/>
     </content>
   </binding>
</bindings>

Right? However, I don't see the text nor the border so what am I doing
wrong?

FYI: there are no (JS) errors and the patch info is correct. I also see
the new binding in multiviews.xml from chrome.

Michael