[Project_owners] Summer of Code projects

Todd Ross mozdev at brainsick.com
Sun Jun 5 08:31:29 EDT 2005

David Murray wrote:
> I had a look and found Torrential, what is the other one?
>
> I don't know how many people would actually find an integrated BT client
> useful, but it'd just be such a cool thing to see, just to see if it was
> possible.

I had begun work on Data Downpour (now on the abandoned projects list).
  There's some bEncode code out there, but I became disillusioned (lack
of documentation, rapid changes that broke extensions) about Firefox
development shortly there after.  I had also screwed up a commit (I was
brand spanking new to CVS at the time) and I couldn't get any assistance
from the admins here, so I gave up on mozdev as well.

There's no reason why an integrated BT client wouldn't be a possibility.
  The only outstanding question that I had was a means of generating an
SHA1 hash on blocks of data.  A search of LXR for 'SHA1' returned a few
hits, but nothing that I was able to make sense of (LXR seems to be down
right now or I'd provide some links.)

Todd