[Project_owners] Summer of Code projects

David Murray lid2000 at tpg.com.au
Sun Jun 5 16:59:59 EDT 2005

I've had nothing but problems using it (version that ships with
Mozilla/Fx at the moment doesn't actually seem to work *at all*, updated
version still has its fair share of problems). I'd like it to not break
horribly when using Unicode characters, not throw exceptions when things
don't exist (even if you're using try/catch), have more control over
request status (ie. abort etc), have a simplified interface (not having
to create objects for everything, you could just throw an array or
integer or string at it (why should I have to create nsIArray objects
then populate them, instead of just sending a plain old JS array?), and
it'd figure out itself the XML code to write, as well as automatically
returning a native JavaScript object when pulling stuff out of the
put strings inside <![CDATA[]]> tags, and just *work* 100% of the time,
instead of ~70% of the time (I've had problems where it dies trying to
parse objects from a response saying they don't exist, even though
they're clearly there and syntactically correct).

Anyway that's my bitching done. I've thought about rewriting it all so
it'd do that, but at the moment I've backed out all the XML-RPC code in
Deepest Sender, so it's hard to get motivated.

David.