[Project_owners] external update url and mozilla update approval

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 31 09:40:58 EDT 2005

Christopher Ottley wrote:
> If you have a look at the wiki
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Update:Requirements/LegalAndReview you'll see
> that under the Mozilla Software Integrity Guidelines v0.2 point 3, All
> hosted software must: Have an update URL that is addons.mozilla.org.

Is that possible? I did not know that. I thought it should be that way
but I have just checked my extension on addons again, and I cannot find
a way to add or update an update.rdf on their server. There is also no
documentation that I can find pointing out how to do it or a server
generated update url to be added. I have checked a couple of the most
popular extensions and they all point somewhere else sometimes to
mozdev.org.

So can please someone post a link where it is explained how it is
supposed to work?? ;-)

Gerald