[Project_owners] removing toolbar icon in seamonkey

Patrick Brunschwig patrick.brunschwig at gmx.net
Tue Jul 26 18:13:04 EDT 2005

Eric Jung wrote:
> Hi, my extension places a button on the toolbar for seamonkey/suite
> users. I have two questions:
>
> 1. What the quickest way for someone to get rid of the button? Is
> there CSS that can be used?
>
> 2. What's a good way to make the button optional? Some users don't
> want it on their toolbar, but others do...

In Enigmail I am removing the "S/MIME Security" button in the message
composer according to a user preference when displaying the window. Have
a look at the first lines and the method enigMsgComposeStartup in
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/enigmail/src/ui/content/enigmailMsgComposeOverlay.js?rev=1.119&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

-Patrick