[Project_owners] Re: nsISelectionController

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Tue Jul 19 19:15:52 EDT 2005

Neil wrote:
> HJ wrote:
>
>> Do I need nsISelectionController to disable/switch off the visual
>> aspect of tree selections?
>
> No, but what's the point of a tree selection if the user can't see what
> they're selecting?

Trees can be used for all sort of things, and sometimes I just don't
need selections (it might give people the wrong impression). For
example, sometimes I don't want people to use a block selection (shift
key) so how do you block that?

Yes, I can disable the visual aspect with a few CSS lines, but that can
easily be overruled by installing a theme, or by adding some lines in
userChrome.css, and that is not what we want.

/HJ