[Project_owners] Search Element By Click (DOM Inspector)

Eric Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 18:45:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to duplicate the DOM Inspector's Search->Search Element By
Click feature. When a user clicks on an HTML element, I'd like my
extension to be able to get the name and attributes of that element.
Anyone know how to do this, or an extension which does it?

I've found the DOM Inspector code which does the flashing red border
(Flash.js), but haven't yet been able to find the code which is
called when Search->Search Element By Click is selected.

Thanks for any help,
Eric