[Project_owners] Google SoC project which uses Mozilla

Mick Thomure mthomure at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:46:38 EDT 2005

Howdy all,

I'm working on a google summer of code project called MozTorch (with
Portland State University as mentor) to add a machine learning library
to Mozilla as a set of XPCOM components. The main use I can see at the
moment is for more advanced spam filtering in thunderbird, but I'm
assuming smart people will come up with more uses.

I'm getting a good start with XPCOM, and feel like I'm making good
progress. However, I'm unclear who to talk to regarding the existing
mail filtering work in thunderbird. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

In case the person(s) I'm looking for is already on this list, I'm
looking for advice on the current state of affairs of spam filtering
in mozilla (more than bayesian?) and an idea of what to be aware of
when defining the XPCOM interfaces.

Thanks very much for whatever help you folks can give.

Cheers,
Mick Thomure
CS Undergrad
Portland State University