[Project_owners] Re: "cvs move" ?

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Sat Jul 9 00:14:58 EDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:01:38 +0200, Axel Hecht wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

>> I tried to run the cvs move command from the client, but apparently the
>> version of the CVS server mozdev is using doesn't support this command.

> Hrm, there never was a cvs move command. That is why one has to do hacky

I'm using the CVSNT client. Apparently the CVSNT server supports the 'move'
command, moving everything including the history.

> things in the repository, if one wants to persist the cvs history for a
> moved file.

I think you need access to a OS command line (xterm?) on a stock standard
CVS server to do this.

Phil
-==-
http://fashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]Of course I'm running Windows*$#!#NO CARRIER
* TagZilla 0.059