[Project_owners] RE:How to access Mozilla CVS server, thru a firewall ...

Nathaniel Jayme nbjayme at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 05:35:34 EDT 2005

Hello seth,

Proxy tunnel will do three things.

(1) Open a port to your local machine. And listens
    request to that port.
(2) Connects to your webproxy.  By default, Squid
    port is 3128
(3) The instructions given by proxytunnel will
    make Squid contact the CVS server, default 2401.

I am not aware if it would be done in http protocol
from Squid to CVS.

This is how I use proxytunnel:

proxytunnel -a 2401 -g 192.168.0.94 -G 3128 -d
mozdev.org -D 2401

-a  =  local port; you may assign any port you
       want, one per remote domain (i think) .
-g  =  squid proxy ip
-G  =  squid proxy port
-d  =  remote domain of cvs
-D  =  port of remote domain

connecting to cvs

cvs -o cvs -d :pserver:guest at localhost:2401/cvs login

take note of the "localhost"; You replace the remote
domain string to "localhost".  The 2401 is the local
port you specified with "-a" option.

Hope that helps,

NBJayme