[Project_owners] opening a dialog just after closing it

Eric Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 12:09:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

In my extension's settings dialog, there is a point where I need to
close the dialog and re-open it so as to pick up some new settings.

I have this code in the dialog:

  window.close();

and then:

  myOverlayVariable.open();

where myOverlayVariable is defined in my overlay of
browserOverlay/navigatorOverlay.

I don't get any Javascript errors, but the dialog never re-opens. The
code for open() is simple:

  passwordMaker.dlg = window.openDialog(xulfilename,
"passwordmakerdlg", "dialog,chrome,resizable=yes",
{passwordMakerHelper:passwordMaker.passwordMakerHelper});
  passwordMaker.dlg.focus();

I've used dump() statements to ensure window.openDialog() is being
called... but still no dialog opens.

Does anyone have ideas about why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Eric