[Project_owners] Re: Download troubles (how to start a download)

HJ bugus at universum.org
Sat Jan 29 05:47:35 EST 2005

HJ wrote:
> I am using something like this:
>
>   var downloadManager =
> Components.classes["@mozilla.org/download-manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIDownloadManager);
>
>   var downloadObj = downloadManager.addDownload(sourceURI, targetURI,
> fileName, mimeInfo, startTime, null);
>   downloadManager.open(window.opener, downloadObj);
>
> I don't see any warning/errors, but nothing happens, there's no progress
> at all. Do I need to fire an event or notify an observer to get
> downloads started?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> /HJ

Anyone here ever used the download manager in his extension?
All I need is to start a download, the data is there, even
downloadManager.openProgressDialogFor(downloadObj, window.opener, true);
displays the right info, but still no progress.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thanks for your time and help,
/HJ