[Project_owners] bug or feature?

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:24:21 EST 2005

Not quite sure if this is the right mailing list for this question but
what the heck...

I'm trying to convert BGSOUND tag into an EMBED tag (so pages with
BGSOUND will make sound in firefox). I've just found out that when
encountered with an unknown tag like BGSOUND, Firefox moves it into
the head section of HTML.

for example this:
 <head></head>
  <bgsound src='./canyon.mid'>

becomes this (see live HTML via javascript calls or using the
"Generated Source" bookmarklet):

 <head>
  <bgsound src='./canyon.mid'>
 </head>

Because of this, replaceChild() doesn't work in my case (embed is not
played if located in HEAD section).
Is this a bug or is it expected behavior of the browser?

Thanks in advance for replies
~Konstantin