[Project_owners] Best way to restrict events to only the browser

Jimmy Thrasher jjthrash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:38:45 EST 2005

Hi all,

I hope this is an appropriate question for this list.  My extension
provides, among other things, the keyboard shortcuts z and x as
equivalent to alt-left and alt-right, borrowed from the Opera browser.
 Problem is, the z and x still happen even when I have the find dialog
open (via ctrl-f or /), that is, if you type 'z' in the find dialog,
it goes back a page instead of simply finding 'z' in the page.  Is
there a way to configure the shortcut such that it only happens when
you have the document in focus?

I currently have an overlay which contains:
   <keyset id="mainKeyset">
      <key id="figaro-z" key="z" oncommand="figaro_handleBackspace();"/>
      <key id="figaro-x" key="x" oncommand="figaro_handleForward();"/>
   </keyset>

Should I be putting this somewhere else?  I tried setting it up in
<binding id="browser"> but that didn't work.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jimmy